Tuesday, June 14, 2011
8:00 AM | Posted by Heidi-rose | | Edit Post
My family has been looking forward to summer all winter long so that we can bring out this recipe again. I like to turn the recipe into more of a light lunchtime meal for my family by adding a cheddar as a second type of cheese, chunks of pepperoni, and salami. I recommend mixing up the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper first and then adding it to the rest of the ingredients. I've also made it as a quick and simple easy side by using store bought (my family prefers Good Seasons) Italian dressing instead of mixing up the vinegar and oil. We are looking forward to the summer farmers markets opening up so that we can go and get some fresh veggies to make our favorite summer side dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color pasta
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the olive oil, white wine vinegar, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta, dressing mixture, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, tomato, and olives. Top with mozzarella cheese to serve.
- Summer water safety
- California Pizza Kitchen tour
- Enjoying a Subsequent Pregnancy After the Loss of ...
- Promote Your Business ~ TMN National Auction
- Do you like to plan events?
- Mommy's Little Helpers
- Share Your Viewpoints with The Mommies Network!
- Don't be a wall flower!
- Birthday Bash!!
- Fairy dolls and houses
- Do you Like us?
- Daddy Dearest
- Potluck meal ideas
- Fathers I have known
- Babies & Toddlers need friends too!
- Is sleep training right for you?
- Three Pepper Pasta Salad
- Motherlss Mother
- Who wants a picnic?
- Printed vs digital photos
- June Calendar and events!
- Taco Time!
- Babies & Toddlers groups!
- Vivint.givesback Project - Help The Mommies Networ...
- Amazing Art and Mom's Night out
- June Picnic!
- 5 uses of vinegar
- Mommy Market benefit for Autism Speaks
- Just a few alms.
- ▼ June (30)